Apple recently bought Emotient, an AI company that classifies facial expressions.
- Many articles are now speculating on how Apple might use this technology.
- So I did some speculating myself.
What if Google had bought this company, how would it use emotion tracking?
- By increasing ad inventory with smart street signs that count positive facial impressions.
What if Facebook had bought this company, how would it use emotion tracking?
- By letting advertisers optimize their ad campaigns with a new facial expression cost-per-action.
But since Apple has bought this company, how might it use emotion tracking?
- “Finally, you can stop retaking group shots. With Apple’s new Best Frame, just hold your iPhone up, and iOS automatically recognizes everyone’s best moments.”
Even through my own mental speculation,
- Apple continues to think different.